Sunday, October 28, 2012

Gamifying my Intervention Group

As I sat and watched my 6th grade intervention group work on Friday, I realized that I could gamify their learning.  One of my 6th graders is an avid gamer, so I proposed my idea to him first.

What if we earn badges as we work through the lessons on various comprehension strategies?  We could then Level Up to the next strategy.  We could create a bulletin board where others see the badges that each student has earned.  There are no prizes necessarily, but there would be public recognition.

He bought it immediately!  Before I even had the chance to propose the idea to the other members of the group, he was sharing the idea and that we should do it.  Two of the boys even asked if they could design the badges.  SWEET!

Can't wait for these kids to badge in Main Idea, Finding Details, Cause and Effect, and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment