Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Arr Matey!

Captain Jack Sparrow and the pirate life has always been intriguing to me.  Perhaps it's just Johnny Depp playing him in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, or maybe it's the thought of being an explorer on the open seas with the ability to take down other ships.  Whatever the case may be, I was drawn to the MMO game Pirate Storm.

The first time I played the game, I chose to go through the tutorial.  Everything was very easy to maneuver through because the game-makers created it to give new users a sense of quick understanding.  I completed my tasks, learned how to get in and out of the port, attack other ships, fix my ship, attack sea monsters, and more.  Then it was time to play.

By completing the tutorial, I was given a false sense of confidence.  I didn't realize this until the game had officially started and ships came by to start attacking me immediately out of the port.  While in the tutorial, or training mode, the new user works through how to do things and doesn't see the game as it really would be with other users.

I was able to kill several sea monsters, pick up some booty, and attack a couple of ships.  But I was attacked more, so my ship was sunk.  Luckily I could come back and play again.  

I am frustrated as I play because there are no clues or help along the way.  I just want to know why my cannons firing back aren't as powerful or doing as much damage or why there are so many ships with the same name (is it a fleet?).    


No comments:

Post a Comment